Monday, September 6, 2010

It's a brand new day...


Oh my word. It’s been far too long since I’ve updated my blog. I’ve missed you, my little e-friend.


As I’m sure you know by my last post (the one written over three months ago), I’ve been in a bit of a funk lately, which has taken its toll on my creative endeavors (blog posts, crafts, etc.). While I’m still sad, I’m happy to report that my creative mojo is slowly creeping back into action.


One of my cute friends texted me every day for weeks following my miscarriage, telling me that things wouldn't always feel as bad as they did. And while I couldn't imagine that at the time, I'm slowly starting to realize that what she said is true. Things are going to be okay. Cory and I are going to be okay. We'll always love that little baby we lost, and a day won't go by that we won't think of it, but we'll be okay. All is not lost.


And how is this for cool? When I opened my blog to begin writing again, I also opened my Pandora account (an online music site), and the first song to play was "Brand New Day," by Joshua Radin. If you aren't familiar with the song, the chorus goes like this:


It's a brand new day.

The sun is shining.

It's a brand new day.

For the first time

In such a long time,

I know

I'll be okay.


Pretty fitting, considering I'm *gulp* blogging again. :)


Now, onto the main thing I want to say with this post, which is THANK YOU!


Your outpouring of support following my miscarriage was more than I ever expected or could even have imagined. I was beyond moved by your kind words, the numerous prayers offered, and the way you were so willing to share some of your own experiences with me. While it pains me that so many of you know this sadness, I also found your stories comforting. They tell me that I’m not alone. That I didn’t do something wrong. That I’m not a screw up. I needed that reassurance, and I thank you for so openly offering it, both here and on my Facebook page.


It's a brand new day because there are people in this world who care for others, even perfect strangers, in their times of need. Thank you. You've helped my entire family more than you'll ever know. The sun truly is shining, and I know I'll be okay.


Warmly,

Megan

8 comments:

nicole said...

I'm looking forward to you blogging again. I was very excited to see this in my reader.
I hope that you feel less and less out of it and find passion in crafting again. Good luck!

*reyanna* said...

I, literally, gasped when I saw that you blogged today! I'm SO happy you blogged! YAY!

And keep your chin up. Keep hanging on. You're doing great, and hey, you know how they say that absence makes the heart grow fonder? Well, perhaps you'll be even fonder... or just have a fresh perspective... of blogging and creating! I sure hope so.

When God closes a door, He always opens a window. It *is* a brand new day, and I'm so glad you're grabbing hold! Hugs to you, my friend! Looking forward to your posts and creations. :-)

joscelyne cutchens said...

I am so glad to see you back! I'm sending virtual hugs and real prayers your way for happy days.

Kim Watson said...

Hey Miss M, glad to see you have blogged again & that you are on the mend. BTW! I Love your new profile pics, red really suits you & your hair is a bit shorter too? Real sassy!!!

Thinking of you lots today...hugs!
KJ

JulieHRR said...

{{{{{{Megan}}}}}} Sending you love, sweet friend . . . much love . . .

natalie said...

{{HUGS}} Welcome back! I check every few days and was wonderfully surprised to see you back again! Ups and downs are part of the process, for sure. So glad you can enjoy the "sunshine" of this brand new day.

Nicole said...

Hey, Megan soooo happy your back to bloging. Missed your blog post (feeling meeting u in Aug made up for it, lol). Glad to hear you guys are doing good. Your awesome

Unknown said...

Glad to see you feeling sunshine on your face again! You are very loved and it has been very hard to see someone hurting that I care for. So glad that you are enjoying a brand new day.
Big warm fuzzy hugs to you, Cory and your family.

B-