Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Support Breast Cancer and Bid!





Welcome to the Hop...the “Blog Hop for Boobies,” that is. This amazing charity effort, put together by the fine people over at Skipping Stones Designs, is all about raising money for the Susan G. Komen for the Cure. As you know, breast cancer has been a big part of my life the past two years, with my sweet mama just recently finishing up her treatments, so you bet I was on board when the fine folks at Skipping Stones asked me to participate in this valuable hop.

How does it work? Well, I’m joining a bunch of brilliant scrapbookers and paper crafters in making cards using Skipping Stones stamps. And the cards made will all be put in a silent auction, where you can bid on them. And your money goes towards breast cancer research. Pretty sweet, don’t ya think?

The cards in this post are the ones I’m auctioning (as a set). But my fun doesn’t stop at the cards. The winning bid will also receive a handmade fabric rosette bracelet like the one below (in the color(s) of your choice) along with your cards.

How to Bid

To bid, simply leave your bid amount in my comment section (suggested starting bid is $5.00) and keep an eye on the bidding to see if you remain in the lead. I will pay the shipping in the U.S., so 100% of the money will go the foundation.

The bidding will remain open until September 23rd, 8:00 pm MDT. Please pass the word onto your friends!

And please continue on in this happy hop by checking out the next fabulous blog on the list, by my sweet and talented friend Kim Kesti.

Also, in the spirit of helping and stamping (two delightful things), Skipping Stones is donating $2 from every stamp set sold this week to the fight against breast cancer, including some brand new releases. So you'll want to check out their website. If now isn’t a good time to buy stamps, I don’t know when is. Please, take some time to bid on cards (mine or any of the others in the impressive blog-hop line-up), and buy a stamp set or two while you’re at it. This is a positive and fun way to make a difference!

Cheers!

30 comments:

Teresa Kline said...

so very cute, I luv the flower and the bracelet, very sweet!

enjoy *~*

Sabina said...

Count me in! I'll start the bidding at Lucky $13... cuz next month will be 13 years since I was first diagnosed with cancer.

Unknown said...

I'll raise it to $14. Beautiful projects!

Barb said...

Your projects are beautiful! I love the butterflies!

I have a Breast Cancer Awareness product on my blog,too. If you get a chance, take a peek. Thank you!

http://thebuzzfromqueenb.blogspot.com/2010/09/breast-cancer-awareness.html

Ann Kranitz said...

Both projects are amazing!!!

Sabina said...

Well, don't count me out... I'll raise it to $25, cuz that's how long my mama has been free from breast cancer!

Barb Turpin said...

Great job on the projects - love the cute rosettes!

Megan said...

Hot diggity dog! $25?! That's a pretty impressive bid. Thanks so much for helping an important cause, dearest Sabina. And thanks to you, too, Brittany. I sincerely appreciate the bids and the support!

B said...

Hot diggity dog indeed! :) Love the gorgeous flower and bracelet!

skippy stamps said...

AMAZING Cards! Pink and perfect!!! My son says the cards and bracelet are unbelivley aweasome!

Sherri P eh said...

Beautiful stuff and a great cause. Just finished my last round of chemo yesterday. Breast Cancer treatment has come a long way and we have Susan B Komen's sister Nancy Brinker to thank. I just ordered and received her new book yesterday. Promise Me. Two very brave women.

Michelle Dickey said...

Love the cards and the bracelet, and especially the cause.

Michelle Dickey said...

I'm raising the bid to $28, come on ladies let's lend a hand!

~amy~ said...

Wowza!!!! Fabbie cards & that bracelet rocks!!!

Lea L. said...

Wow! Beautiful cards AND bracelet! Loving the rosette bracelet! Great amounts on the bidding too!

♥♥♥Lea

Katie Cotton said...

simply stunning1 love love love that bracelet!!!

Sabina said...

Ok, Michelle... I see your bid of $28, and I'm raising it to an even $30 :)

Gina Karas said...

The cards are gorgeous and the bracelet is amazing. What a great cause to support!

JanG said...

Those flowers are gorgeous! I always see the hair barettes, but having super short hair, I envied them. I love the bracelet idea!

silvia said...

Awesome cards!!

Brenda Weaver said...

pretty cards and the bracelet is fabulous!

Kirston said...

Beautiful cards and bracelet! $35.

Anonymous said...

Megan these cards are awesome and I'm so glad you joined us for the bounce!! These bids are amazing way to go ladies!

Holly Jones said...

So Pretty! What a great cause too. I'm headed over to check it out.

Sabina said...

sheesh... these peeps keep outbidding me! Make it $36 for me.

mE said...

ABsolutely GORGEOUS!!!!!

~Inky Smiles
Erin
SSD DT Alumni

Sabina said...

Yay! I've still got the winning bid... so far! :)

Kimber McGray said...

Is it too late? I'll bid $40.

Megan said...

Nope, Kimber. There's still an hour. Thanks, sweetie!

sildenafil citrate said...

A pink ribbon is universally accepted as the emblem of breast cancer awareness campaign. It denotes the struggle of the breast cancer patients.