Friday, September 10, 2010

Scrapbook Pages to Remember Grandma

Tomorrow marks what would have been my dear grandma’s 99th birthday. Sadly, she passed away in 2007, but she did have an incredible life. She was the best grandma a girl could ask for, an award-winning canner, a brilliant cook, a beloved teacher, an impressive gardener, and so much more. In honor of this beautiful woman’s special day, I want to share a few layouts I made about her.

This page is one of my all-time favorite scrapbook pages. It’s the story of my Gram’s aprons--she always wore pretty aprons.



I also have the image of the apron on the dress form hanging in my home. Do you have a special heirloom that’s important to you? Why not snap a photo of it and hang it on display in your home? It’s a beautiful reminder of what’s important to you.


This layout was created for my September 2009 editor’s note in Creating Keepsakes magazine. This picture of my Gram was taken in front of the school house where she used to teach. (Another pic that’s on display in my home.) The layout is about how the love of teaching is something she (and my dad’s mom) have passed on to me.

As seen in the September 2009 issue of Creating Keepsakes magazine. Copyright Creative Crafts Group. Posted with prior permission from the publisher.


In this weekend of remembrance, consider honoring those you love and miss with displayed photos and/or scrapbook pages.

Also in honor of this weekend, I'd like to say that my heart goes out to all who were impacted by September 11, 2001. I pray that you've found ways to find comfort and remember those you lost.

2 comments:

Holly Jones said...

What a beautiful page!

Nicole said...

Super adorable. I love this page all the elements work well together.