Monday, September 20, 2010

A Quick Scrapbook Page and a Guest Spot with Studio Calico


What do you get one you combined one super terrific sheet of double-sided patterned paper with a piece of cardstock? The makings of a quick and simple scrapbook page. I had the pleasure of bring the September guest designer over at Studio Calico this month, which meant I received their Back 40 kit, an incredible assortment of products in the mail to play with. So fun!


From that big box o’ fun, I was instantly attracted to a vivid and cool piece of paper with an orange and white pattern on one side and a gray grid pattern on the other. From this pattern, I saw a frame just waiting to be created.



For the left side of the frame, I rolled the paper that I cut over and tied it with some jute.



I cut the paper where I wanted my frame, flipped a bit of the top edge of the frame over, and stitched, staggering the height of the folds. I love the dimension these simple tricks added to the page.


To see the other projects I created as the Studio Calico guest designer, please click here.


One more fun thing to share. Greg Foster, the Mr. behind Studio Calico, set his September project picks to a Rob Thomas song in honor of my month with them. I love MB20 and Rob Thomas, you see. Isn’t that awesome? You can watch his entertaining flick here. Enjoy!

3 comments:

suzyplant said...

Love the techniques you used - you are awesome Miss Megan!!! Suzy

april said...

i had no idea that's how you had done that layout. so cool!

JulieHRR said...

What a beautiful page, Megan! And, you. You are such a doll!