Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Stars Were Out in Anaheim

Okay, so maybe I didn’t run into the delicious Dean Cain, but I did happen upon more than one famous face. Take a look:

Believe it or not, I not only saw THE P. Kelly Smith of Paper Crafts magazine, but I also roomed with her. How lucky can a girl get?


While taking a ride on Pirates of the Carribean with my hoes (that’s pirate speak for crew mates), I saw Mr. Handsome himself, Johnny Depp. I wouldn’t mind sharing a cup o’ rum with him, says I. Yarrr!


And my Disney star sightings didn't end with Johnny. I also got to hug not one, but both of The Mice.
While at the Craft & Hobby Association (CHA) tradeshow, I turned a corner and ran smack dab into the Paris Hilton craze. Because I had a press badge, I even got close enough to snap a quick photo.

Moments after my Paris encounter, I turned around to see Deborah Norville standing on the CHA show floor, so I snapped another quick pic.


Even though it was slightly exhilarating to see Paris and Deborah (I’m not sure why, but it was), I was also a little saddened. I was sure it meant I wouldn’t see the one special CHA guest I had wanted to see, but…

I was wrong.

I did happen upon Jane Seymour, AKA Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman. I love her. Why? Well, she reminds me of my sweet mama. She and I used to watch Dr. Quinn together every day after school when I was in Jr. high. We loved Dr. Mike's female power, and staring at her hunk of a man Sully wasn’t bad either!

I was on my way to lunch with my magazine team when, lo and behold, Jane was right there. I stopped and gushed about how beautiful she was, and she told me… wait for it…

That my hamburger looked good!


I told her she could have it, but she passed. I’m sure she wasn’t really that interested. But, she did pause from her painting to take a pic with me. How fun is that?!


So, as you can see, the stars were in my eyes this CHA. But seeing a few familiar faces isn't all I did. I also saw a bunch of fun new scrapbooking products that I can’t wait to share with you on the pages of Creating Keepsakes mag in the coming months. In the meantime, I’d love to hear what your favorite releases from the show were. Did you go? What did you love? Here’s one of my favs. It’s a new stamp set from Kodomo. Isn’t that doughnut the cutest ever?! Love it!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Now that's quite the star sighting! Nope, no CHA trip for me, hoping that one of these times I'll get to go and meet fabulous peeps like YOU, now that would be an awesome star sighting!!
I'm intrigued with quite a few of the CHA sneakies that I've seen... of course, it would have been nice to see them up close & personal, alas, I'll have to wait 'til they hit the stores for that!
Have a great evening Megan~

Brandy J. said...

You are too funny! Now every time I see one of those open heart necklace commercials I think of your hamburger!!

Alice said...

looks like fun...sorry I missed you all! I would have given anything to see you going up to Jane...I can almost picture the encounter in my mind...you crack me up Megan!

suzyplant said...

Man, oh man, you certainly DID get a better photo of Paris then I did (although that bald head I got is almost a tie). And isn't she perdy. I guess I forgot to look at her being too busy trying to hold my camera up in the right spot. Jane is beautiful - what a great picture that is. You must scrap it!

I loved the Prima releases - especially their fabric items. I loved the monkeys (was that Cosmo Cricket?) and all the whimsical papers at Little Yellow Bicycle, Crate, Cosmo, Prima, ... The entire show was my style - so I loved it all! Suzy (((from MAMBI - we met at CHA)))

P. Kelly Smith said...

THE P. Kelly Smith! You crack me up! I love how you've elevated me to celebrity status! I'm very honored to have shared this blog post with THE Paris Hilton and THE Jane Seymoour. And you were a great roomie, too!