Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Bitty Bag o' Baby Cards


I recently attended my cute friend’s baby shower. Naturally, this meant making a card, but I couldn’t stop at one—baby projects are just too cute and fun—so I decided to make her a set of four bitty cards that together spell the word “Baby.” Inside each card, I wrote a word that started with the card’s cover letter. It went a little something like this:

B is for Beautiful
In this card I wrote a note about the beauty of having a new baby.


A is for Addition
In this card I mentioned how this tiny addition will make my friend’s happy family complete.


B is for Blessing
In this card I included a message about the amazing blessing this baby is.


Y is for You
In this card I wrote about how lucky this tiny babe is to have such an amazing mother in my friend.


To top it all off, I packaged my little cards in a bitty gift bag, which I decorated with a handmade (and tiny) baby banner and some small pom poms.

To give you an idea of the size, I took this pic of my ensemble next to a standard adhesive runner.

M is for More Ideas!
I just love tiny treats. I’m sure I’ll use this idea again. I think it would be very fun for a group gift. Say you’re giving a friend something special on her birthday from your family of four. You could create cards that spell out W-I-S-H and have each person write an individual note. Is your family twice that size? Then how about spelling out B-I-R-T-H-D-A-Y instead.

This would also be a fun way to give someone cash. Instead of sending a $20 bill in a single card, why not prolong the magic and give four $5 bills in five bitty cards instead?

Cards are a gift, especially when they’re handmade, so it only makes sense to package them as such. And it doesn’t get much cuter than a tiny bag. I hope this idea has inspired you and given you a new way to look at sharing your heartfelt treats.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

These are fabulous Megan!! I just ♥ your creativity :)
Hope that all is well with you!

Unknown said...

Super cute!!!
Love the bitty banner, it just put it all over the top!
B-

Alice said...

such sweet ideas...when your page first popped up and I saw the word "BABY" I thought...oh...maybe there is some exciting news coming! :) I'm a sucker for all things baby...

Sonia said...

Hi!!!
Found your blog in another website.
Love this idea... look so beautiful.
Great Job.