Thursday, February 12, 2009

More Bitty Bags



Just call me Bag Lady. Here’s another post about bitty bags. This time they’re fabric.

I bought these plain little fabric bags at Michael’s. They were only three for a $1 and are sold in pink and green as part of their Easter release. (Can you believe they’re already displaying Easter stuff? Sheesh!)


With nothing more than a few fabric scraps, a needle, thread and some extras (buttons and trim), I turned these plain bags into unique shopping bags in a matter of minutes. Sure, they’re bitty, but it’s not like we don’t buy bitty items too, right? Candy bars. Jewelry. Small…shirts. ;)


Okay, so these may not hold a shopping cart full of groceries, but you could also use these as gift bags. Or you could make a set of coordinating greeting cards and give them in one of these bitty beauties as an original handmade gift.


I’ve only recently learned to sew (if you can call what I do sewing), and I literally completed both of these bags in about an hour. (BTW, you can check out my first-ever sewing project here.)


I hope this inspires.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

...because i need yet another hobby....;)

Those are darling!

Unknown said...

Sure, do something so adorable that involves sewing. I know I can do this, but I almost break out in hives at the thought using my machine on anything but paper!

I have some white bitty bags from M's that have been sitting around for a couple of years. Hmmm.....