Monday, January 16, 2012

A New Year's Greeting

Despite the best of intentions, I only got a portion of my Christmas cards out on time. No worries. That’s what New Year's greetings are for, right? I hope so, because that’s the route I took. I made these cards for some of those on my card list. 
Unlike traditional cards, I used a small kraft sack as my card base (instead of paper). 

I stamped the word “wishes” and the actual wishes tags using an alphabet set from Clear & Simple Stamps



I then cut the sack down a little using pinking sheers.



Using a small circle punch, I punched a tab in the bag.



I stamped a few of the things I wish for my friends this year. 



I stamped the date on an office tag, using a doily set from Studio Calico and a vintage numbers set from Cavallini & Co. *swoon*


I ADORE these bitty clips from Stampin’ Up! It added just the little detail I was looking for. 



For a little texture, I sewed on the wish tags and stitched the tag to the paper sack. 




To finish things off, I made envelopes using an envelope template and cardstock. Don’t you LOVE the decorative shipping label? They’re a favorite new item of mine. They’re from TapeSwell.



These 2012 greetings actually came together rather quickly. I had fun looking at cards in a different, less traditional way. I hope you like the idea and will do the same.
Happy 2012! I wish you: 
Peace
Joy
Love
Hope
Cheers!
Megan

1 comment:

Frances said...

How original! Love your design.