Monday, December 21, 2009

Gift Cards, the Finale (and more Studio 5 fun)!

Gift cards are the perfect last-minute gift. Is there a fashionista on your Naughty-or-Nice list? What about a photo enthusiast? Maybe someone who needs a little pampering? Or a bitty baby? Young or old, I have a few more gift card ideas that should do the trick.

Let’s begin with the youngest on your list. Slip a gift card in a baby sock and clip a hair bow on the sock for added decoration/a bonus gift (for the little girls, that is).


I created a similar project for Paper Crafts magazine a few years ago. This tag/hair bow combo was featured in their Gifts from the Heart special issue.





Along the same lines, you can give a gift card for a manicure in an inexpensive pair of gloves. This also works well for PF Changs gift cards. (You’ll see why when you watch my Studio 5 flick below.) ;)


This is a favorite of mine. Turn an office tag into a closet by tri-folding cardstock, wrapping it around a tag and attaching the “doors” together with magnetic snaps. To create the black around the doors, I simply cut a sticker from Glitz Girls Designs.

Give someone a pair of socks, a scarf or another inexpensive fashion accessory and attach this closet tag to the item with a card to a clothing store. On the inside, write something like, “Have fun completing the outfit!”


Say cheese! Here’s an idea for a photo-lovin’ friend. Give a gift card to a photo developing/gift site or store and attach it to a photo pick. For added festivity, put the pick in a little pail with a few treats to anchor it in place.


If you’re interested in seeing me present these on Studio 5, a local human-interest show, check out the video below. See if you can catch my word slip-up. I’ll give you a hint: it has to do with a water bottle clip and Santa's reindeer. Oh, the merry horror! ;)

Enjoy!


4 comments:

Paula said...

These are great! So cute! Thanks for sharing. And I hope you, too, have a wonderful Christmas with the people you love.

Julie @ Director Jewels said...

Your gift card ideas are super. It is a gift card Christmas in my house this year...sadly the lack of time that has resulted in buying only gift cards also means I don't have time to make fabulous holders like you. But I'm filing them away for future inspiration!! :) Merry Christmas!

Emily Call said...

Megan! I love all these ideas! You look so cute on tv. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas. We need to do lunch again soon.

Unknown said...

I happen to love Caribou clips for my water bottles! You are SO CUTE!!!
Wonderful ideas, you are such a clever girl!

Holiday smooches!
B-