Sunday, November 29, 2009

Creative Card Displays

December is right around the corner, which means your mailboxes will soon be smiling with more than mail-order catalogs and 40%-off coupons to Michael’s. Christmas cards will soon be here! How do you display your festive greetings?

Last year, I clipped mine to beautiful strands of lights, which dangled from a ledge shelf in my living room. If you look closely, you can see the display over Cor’s shoulder.


This year, I’m trying a few new ideas. The first one was inspired by a window display at a local eatery. All you need are some pompoms, a little glittery fiber (approximately 4' per strand) and a needle.


Step 1: Cut your fiber and tie a knot near the end where you want your first pompom to stop.


Step 2: Thread your pompom on the thread using a needle.



Step 3: Repeat until you’ve filled your thread and then tie a loop at the top to hang the strand. I created three strands so I'll have room to dangle plenty of cards.



I created a similar project with white thread and a bunch of sparkly beads.

To attach the cards, I simply used bitty clothespins.


How do you display your cards? I’m always looking for new ideas to try out from year to year.

Seasons Greetings!

5 comments:

Holly said...

Very creative! I love your idea of giving an ornament on Thanksgiving as well.

Donna VW said...

Great ideas - thanks!

laura vegas said...

LOVE the pompom garland idea. when i was in utah last year, i was lucky enough to go to lunch with lisa bearnson (for the golden ticket contest) ... and the little restaurant had these hanging on the front door. maybe it's the same spot you're referring too. my friend and i took a photo, so that we'd remember this idea!

*reyanna* said...

Hey Lovely! LOVE this idea. As inspired by you, I picked up some ribbon yesterday at The Container Store. Can't wait to hang these up in my hall "window"! And perhaps I should paint my bitty closepins. :)

sarah said...

okay too cute!! love how the furbaby is in the top photo. they always get into pictures! :)

hugs,
sarah.