Thursday, May 14, 2009

Time to Teach

Note: I posted this on Tuesday, May 12, but for some reason it went all crazy in Internet Explorer, so some of you may be seeing it for the first time now. :(

Calling all crafty chicas and chicos in the Manchester, NH area! I’m in town and looking to meet you. I’m here to teach at the Creating Keepsakes Convention (CKC) this weekend. One of my favorite aspects of this job is meeting new friends who share my passion for making paper magic. Are you in?

I had the pleasure of doing this a few months back in St. Louis. Here are a few shots of the incredibly talented Kim Kesti and I having our Arch moment between classes.








And I’m already getting in my share of Manchester moments, including a trip to the breathtaking Flume Gorge in Franconia Notch State Park…

The falls (behind me) felt fantastic splashing on my skin after a long, hot hike.






You know you're in New England when you see awesome covered bridges like this.




The longest candy counter in the world…


Jars and jars of beautiful bubble gum goodness!
And a super cute yarn shop, where I paid way too much for some fancy shmancy new buttons.





My longtime buddy Bobby is now an east coast kid and has been an awesome tour guide. Thanks, Bob-O!


It’s about time to wrap up the sightseeing and get to work teaching (if you can call that fun “work”). I hope to see you this weekend.

Smiles! Megan

P.S. To see just a little of what CKC is all about, check out the CK blog, where I have videos from the St. Louis show posted. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow!!
Fun pics, I would love a go at all that bubblegum!!!

B-

Megan said...

Heck ya! I bought a bag full o' gum balls. Yum-E!

nicole said...

Awesome, the pics by the arch are kool. Glad u had fun and I'm happy I finally saw this post.