|See that? It's our baby (taken at 14 weeks)! Isn't he/she cute? :)|
Cory and I are beyond thrilled to announce that we’re expecting a baby! If you’ve followed my blog for a while, you know that we lost a baby in 2010, so we remain cautiously optimistic at this point, but we are getting more excited and less afraid as things progress. In fact, I bought my first little baby thing this week - a cute sweater outfit. Up until now, I've been too afraid to take that step, but I finally did, and it felt good. We deeply appreciate any warm thoughts you have to send our way during this scary/exciting time.
Whenever I share this happiness with someone, I get similar questions, so I thought I’d answer a few of those for you now.
* How far along are you? I’m currently 18 weeks. For those of you who don’t speak ‘pregnancy’ (I’m still learning the language myself), this is 4.5 months, or about half way. Everything is measured in weeks because that’s how quickly things change and progress. It’s pretty amazing! And scary!
|Not the best pic (a phone photo), but this is me @ 18 weeks. There's a bit of a bump taking shape.|
* What are you having? We find out the gender on Wednesday, and yes, I’m definitely finding out. I admire those who can sit on such a surprise for a full nine months, but I’m absolutely not in that “team green” club.
* How are you feeling? Much better these days. The first trimester was rough, to say the least. I lost 18 pounds. Of course, I had weight to lose, so that was okay, but I felt pretty ick most of the time. I’m now able to eat and actually enjoy it again, and I have a bit more energy, which is great! I’m currently off of my narcolepsy medicine, which, combined with pregnancy fatigue, has taken its toll on my energy, but it hasn’t been as hard as I feared.
Due to some autoimmune fun on my part, I’m considered “high risk.” Because of this, I’m blessed with not one, but two fabulous doctors, and they take very good care of me. More than that, Cory has been PHENOMENAL. He’s always taken great care of me, but he’s gone above and beyond with nothing but a sweet and loving attitude (even when my own attitude isn’t always described in such a favorable way). I’m very loved and very grateful for that love!
|Yeah... this is pretty much how I look in all of my fall/winter photos this year--sick but happy. This kind of sick is okay because of what it means, and I did my very best to keep a positive attitude for that reason, even on the worst days.|
* Do you have names picked out? We’re still working on this one. We don’t really see eye to eye on most names, especially where a little boy is concerned. I like Eli. Cor’s ho-hum on that one. He likes Archie (he says he’s kidding, but I know part of him really does like it). And while that name is admittedly growing on me, I don’t see it making the final cut. So, the jury is currently out on this one.
* Is my family excited? Absolutely! My mom keeps referring to the babe as “Little Peggy” (her name), and my pop has started in with the “Little Gerald” (his name). LOL My sister-in-law asks me almost daily if I know the gender, because she can’t wait to start shopping for bitty shoes. Yes, the fam is definitely on board with this baby bidnaz.
* What about your car? As much as I ADORE my cute Ford Mustang, it’s not exactly a mom car. It looks like I’m going to have to find Sally a new home. If you know of anyone looking for a much loved 05 Mustang with low milage and an AWESOME stereo, please let me know. I want her going to a good home.
|I love this car! This pic was taken at the Bonneville Salt Flats in April. Sally is now looking for a good home. Let me know if you have any leads. Thanks!|
For those of you interested, I’ll do my best to keep my blog updated as thing progress. I’ll definitely share the gender news when we have it to share.
I’ll close with a sincere thank-you to you for your support throughout our baby journey, in 2010 and now. It warms our hearts.