Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Stuff Week, Day 3: Wall Art for the Craft Geeks




Just because it says it’s a car decal does not mean it won’t also work as wall art. And with so many cute car decals out there, this is one technique I couldn’t pass up. I picked up these car clings from Vinyl Wall Art (vinylwallart.com).
With "Crafty Geek," "Bead Geek," "Scrapbook Nerd" and "Sewing Girl," I love how they represent different areas of my creative life, and with words like “nerd” and “geek” they definitely describe me well. As soon as I saw these, I knew they needed a place on my craft room wall. Here's what I did.

Step 1: Color Canvas


My craft room is pink and black, so I painted two 5" x 7" canvases black with acrylic paint.

Add Image

I didn’t have pink paint, so I colored the two pink canvases with Glimmer Mist.


Step 2: Apply Vinyl



Apply vinyl to the canvas just as you would to any other surface by rubbing it into place.



Step 3: Adhere Ribbon
I stapled coordinating ribbon around the edge of each canvas, alternating between pink and black.


Step 4: Put your vinyl up on the wall in an order that works for you.



That's it! Four easy steps and you can have completely fun, completely unique wall decor.


A Bit o' Blog Candy

BTW, I mentioned that I wanted to give stuff away durning stuff week. Well, that begins today. Thanks, Reyanna, for your comment on yesterday's post. I have a pack of brand new Glitz Girls product with your name on it. Please e-mail me at M2E2G@aol.com with your mailing address and I'll get it sent right out. Thanks, girl!

11 comments:

Cynthia Baldwin said...

So cute! Love the happy face on sewing girl, and cool that "bead geek" is on the list of wall art too. :)

{VICKI} said...

I think I'm a "blog geek"

Pamk said...

those are cute but I don't think I could get away with putting one up. My scrapbook room is the corner of my living room. and since we share hubby and boys didn't want the room really girly lol. Maybe after the boys are grown and gone I can confiscate one of their rooms and go pink crazy.

Emily Call said...

They turned out so stinkin' cute.

cards4ever said...

Those cling would be so perfect for my craft room because it describes me perfectly.

Nicole said...

oh man, super cute. I must haveeeee. The Scrapbook Nerd is my fav. Thanks for sharing

ronee said...

This is amazing..who would have thought..i need to get me some!

Rachel@oneprettything.com said...

What a cute idea and so much fun. I love it! Thanks so much for sharing, I'll be linking to this.

Patrice said...

I love it! I may just have to try that. :)

patrice

Petit Design Co. said...

where did you find those cute decals?

Roxy said...

haha i am a total geek!

hockiemack at hotmail.com