Thursday, December 4, 2008

Pssstt...I have news.


I’ve been waiting for the official announcement to go out at work. Now that it has, I’m excited to share my news with you. I have a new job. You’re looking at the new Creative Editor for Creating Keepsakes magazine…well, technically, you’re looking the blog of the new CE for CK, but you get the idea.

For those of you who don’t know, CK is part of the same parent company as my previous magazine, Simple Scrapbooks (as well as Paper Crafts magazine, the cool pub I worked on before Simple). This makes my move a little easier, and a little bit more difficult. You see, I adore my Simple friends, and it’s going to be hard to see them everyday without being a part of their creative crew. But, this CK position was a move up the ole career ladder, it seems like an awesome fit with me/my professional strengths, and CK also has some pretty cool peeps.

So, I hope to be seein’ ya on the pages of CK when the April 09 issue hits newsstands. Until then, we always have our blog visits to look forward to. :) I’m going to do a Christmas Countdown on here soon, with a variety of festive ideas to share. Are you ready to fill up your cup o’ creative cheer? Here’s hopin’!

22 comments:

Susan Neal said...

Ah! let me be the first to congratulate you on your new job! That is SO stinkin' exciting I could PEE my pants...but I won't because really, I'm too old for that and also because it's not me getting the job, but you and that would be a little ridiculous to get that excited for someone other than me. Really. That is awesome. I know you'll be great!

Holly said...

Very Cool! Congratultions!!! You deserve it.

Holly said...

ooops... I know how to spell: congratulations

coconutgoddess said...

you are going to rock! I am for sure.... your biggest fan. Now all we have to do.. is make a new years resolution to make good on our adult playdate! congrats!

Emily Call said...

That is so exciting! Yay!
Congrats Megan... you will be fabulous.

Alice said...

oh Megan - how freakin' AWESOME is that!!! just think, I'll be able to say I knew you way back when... :) Congrats - I'm so thrilled for you!

Unknown said...

Congrats my dear, sweet, talented friend, that is so exciting!
B-

CD said...

Hey there!
Just wanted to pop in and say a big congrats to you!!!
How exciting
Looking forward to getting to know you better in the next year,

CD Muckosky

Robert said...

Is is really going to take four months to put out a magazine? Wow!

Kim Mraz said...

oh' my goodness woman....HUGE congrats to you! You will do an AMAZING job at CK...they are so lucky to have you. (we all are)

:)

Megan said...

Thanks SO much, all. I really appreciate your kind notes and congratulatory words. I'm lucky to have your amazing support. Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Sweet deets, Meg! That is totally awesome. Dude, I sound like so... 1980 valley girl there... but really... awesome! :) Congrats!!!! ---teri

marnie said...

happy happy happy happy for you! wanted to publicly congratulate you!
marnie

Melissa said...

Congratulations Miss M! You are such a POWAH HOUSE :) So happy for you and I know you'll do wonders.
Melissa

Unknown said...

Congrats!
I hope the "new job" jitters don't last long, and you can settle into this job--that is perfect for you!

Dawn McVey (dawnsing) said...

Megan, congratulations on your new job!! So happy for you, Girly!

ronee said...

OMW girlie: I feel so cool to know you..look at you just walking up that ladder! It will be so easy when I decide I need a job and come knocking on your door! I better start submitting again! Anyway..know that I love you and all your accomplishments! Be great..like we know you really are!
xoxo
ronee

Anonymous said...

Big congrats to you Megan, so exciting!!

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO!!! Raising a toast to you my sweet friend! CONGRATULATIONS

Anonymous said...

wow i'm so out of the loop, i hadn't heard! congrats. you are the most fabulous choice possible, CK is super lucky to have you.

Anonymous said...

You go girl!! That is awesome and I hope you have TONS of fun!! They are lucky to have you! YAY!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Megan!