Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Countdown: Tag, You're It!

I love making gift tags. They’re super easy, require very little supplies, and make any gift look happier. Here are a few holiday tags I whipped up:

WREATH TAG
Step 1: Punch scallop circle from green cardstock and punch two small holes in circle with a hole punch.


Step 2: Thread button on red twine, put ends of twine through punched holes, and knot twine to secure button to tag.


Step 3: Punch small scallop circle from white cardstock and adhere to the center of green scallop circle. (This is where you’ll write your “To” and “From” information.) Add rhinestone “berries” to wreath to complete look.


ORNAMENT TAGS
Remember that ornament card I showed you last week? Well, here’s an idea for using the leftover shape:


STAR TAG
This is a tag my manager (and CK’s editor-in-chief) Brian Tippetts made for our editorial team. He die-cut a star shape, which he used as his template. He positioned the star on the white circle, punched two holes at each point, set the star shape aside, and connected the dots with red yarn. Pretty fun, don’t ya think?


GROUP TAGS
My friend P. Kelly and I (more her than I) recently started a new card-swap group with some of our co-workers. For our debut meeting, we each made and exchanged handmade tags. Take a look at the great tags they created. So creative!







Tag, you’re it. Do you have any creative ways to make your mark on packages? Whether it’s luggage-tag gift tags, fabric tags, photo tags, or something else entirely, I’d love to hear (read) what it is you do. Won’t you take a minute to share?

Cheers!

6 comments:

Latisha said...

I love tags too! I make them for everything. One year I made my daughters birthday invitations to look like tags
here is the link, if you want to see what they look like
http://crafteebee.blogspot.com/2008/02/birthday-invitations-for-kendall.html

Another thing I do, is I make our own luggage tags. I print out all of my info onto some cardstock, stamp on it, layer it onto another piece of cardstock, then I run it through my xyron (with the laminating cartridge) I like to add a lot of ribbon on it, it makes it so easy to see your luggage that way. So I put a couple of grommets/eyelets on the tag as well, so the ribbon doesn't rip through the tag.

oh last year I was in a cookie swap and I made these Tim Holtz inspired tags here
http://crafteebee.blogspot.com/2007/12/cookie-swap.html

Unknown said...

These are adorable!!
I don't think I've ever made a tag?! {blushing} I think I need to give it a try!
(((holiday hugs)))

Anonymous said...

After shyly lurking for awhile now ... I am forced to comment. Not only are your tags adorable, but those children in that ornament tag are breathtaking!! ;)

What a nice surprise to see what you were able to do with our card from last year. I envy your creative talent. These are such wonderful ideas.

Merry Christmas, Megan!

Brandy J. said...

Wow, those are some cute tags. Those designers must have been wildly talented! {wink, wink} Great tag ideas, and Merry Christmas to you and the fam.

P. Kelly Smith said...

This card group is just as much yours as it is mine, partner. And thanks for spotlighting our tags. It sounds like CK's new creative editor is just full of fun ideas!

Laurie in MN said...

Since you crazy Glued your eye shut, I thouGht you miGHt Get a cHuckle from this story.

WHile DD waited for me in the nurses office, a 9th Grade boy walked in with a block of wood Glued to his hand. In wood working class, he needed to cover the whole block with Glue and Held it in is Hand as he spread the Glue.

THe H & G is Giving me problems.