Tuesday, November 25, 2008

An Update and a Thank-You!


Thank you for the wonderful outpouring of support, dear friends. I really appreciate all that you’ve done to help my family during this difficult time.

To provide a little update, Mom is going into surgery tomorrow to have the tumor and some of her lymph nodes removed. She has a really good doctor who cares about her and wants to make her well. Thank God for the amazing men and women who work in the medical field.

I’m not going to turn this blog into a place for cancer news. I know there is much in life to celebrate, and I plan on being a part of the celebration. But I will keep you updated on things with Mom from time to time.

It means so much to me that you’ve been right there with us, pulling for Mom to get well, even though most of you have never met her, and a lot of you don’t really know me (beyond my messages on the ol’ blog). It’s said that good things come from bad situations, and that has certainly been the case with this.

For those of you who’ve left comments about your own loved ones who’ve gone through this, please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and yours. Thank you for sharing your stories with me and providing me with support beams when it felt like the world was crashing down around me. Because of support from caring people like you, those beams are holding strong.

That goes for all of you, whether you've left a comment, called, sent an e-mail, sent a card (dear Paper Crafts team) or sent support in the form of prayer and/or positive thinking. Because of all of you, my sweet friends, I am stronger. Because of you, the world still seems like a happy place, even when I feel angry and want to hide under a blanket all day.

Thank you!

OK, I’m going to call it a night. Tomorrow is a big day for several reasons, and I’m going to need my beauty rest. After all, a girl’s gotta look good sitting in a waiting room, right? ;)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck, Megan. Give your mom a big hug! And imagine me giving a big hug, too! ---teri

Unknown said...

(((hugs))) for you and Mom, Megan.
Keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update, I have had you and your sweet mom in my thoughts and prayers.

Sabina said...

Love you Meg! Give your mom a big squeeze from us!

Alice said...

oh Megan, I am so sorry to hear about your mom...such a terrible disease and I look forward to the day when they finally find a cure. I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. xo Alice

Anonymous said...

Dear Megan - I am SO very sorry to hear your news. I hope and pray that your mom is healing well and on her road to recovery. It's a long, hard battle, but I do know that you have the strength to stand beside her and hold her until she is back as good as new. BIG HUGS!