Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Sweet Easter Treat (and it's even zero calories!)




You might say I have a crush on this Easter goodie. Nope. It's not Rainblow Eggs, but I share almost as much love for these, which is odd, considering they're not even edible.



What's inside this carton, you ask? Well, let's pry it open and take a peek.



It's EOS lip balm! Betcha thought E.O.S. stood for Evolution of Smooth (or you didn't know what it stood for, like me). Nah. Not here. Now it stands for Easter O' Style!

Available in many flavors and colors, these little lip eggs look so pretty filling up a paper carton. Surprise your best friend, coworkers, or other special gal. Or give that special guy a less-than-subtle hint. *wink wink* 



Of course, I'm all for adding a personalized touch, so I put some paper on the lid and added a washi-tape bow by pleating the tape. The gold rub-ons are by Maggie Holmes for Crate Paper, and they're some of my favs. They even worked ON washi!

The cute carton? Why, it's from Shop Sweet Lulu, an adorable online store. No time to order? No worries. Just slice a regular carton in half. Or, if you're feeling egg-stra generous, give someone 12 balms. I assure you they will not be disappointed to have a lifetime collection. 




I'm sharing this and many more out-of-the-basket Easter giving ideas this Thursday on Studio 5. If you're local (UT), tune in to channel 5 at 1. Or you can watch it stream online at 1:00 MST right here! Hope you'll hop on over. 

I'm always seeking fun and unexpected gift ideas. What gift would YOU put in this bitty egg carton?

Cheers! 

2 comments:

Mary-Ann Maldonado said...

This is a super duper cute idea!

Jo Law said...

Love this idea! My daughter just got braces and can't eat sticky candy. This will be a perfect Easter treat for her. Thanks!